PDS Tech Inc Electrical Engineer in Alpharetta, Georgia
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Engineer
As a Product Support Engineer, you will lead collaboration and coordination efforts with Design Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and other disciplines, resolving issues that may arise during early design, prototypes, production builds, product testing, and the integration of our industry-leading products and systems. Responsible for investigating production test issues, including developing plans to determine root cause, establishing corrective and preventive actions, formally documenting the investigation, and tracking progress and providing status to both internal and external customers. This position is also responsible for supporting design engineers, and participating in technical reviews such as PDR, CDR, TRR, PRR, etc.
• Applies complex electrical engineering principles and techniques to support/lead design, development, documentation, verification, and manufacturing debug activities.
• Leads and conducts technical investigations, identifies root cause, conducts investigational test protocols, implements corrective actions, and develops investigation report.
• Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
• Considers design for manufacturing through all phases of the development process.
• Directly interfaces with members of the product development team to produce high quality/dependable products
• Directly interfaces with Component Engineering and Purchasing teams to formulate effective obsolescence/cost/lead time mitigation solutions.
• Works under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation including, but not limited to, Engineering Change Proposals, and Engineering Change Notices.
• Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience; or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving.
• Proficiency in operating electronics laboratory equipment including: digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes (DSO, Mixed Signal), logic analyzers, signal generators, DC power supplies, etc.
• Ability to read electrical schematics and wiring drawings.
• Troubleshooting hardware issues down to circuit card assembly (CCA) and component level, including analog, digital, mixed-signal, and power.
• Thorough understanding of circuit card design processes including requirements generation, preliminary design (block diagram generation, long lead part identification), detailed design (schematic generation, simulation, place & route), test plan generation, and integration & test.
• Effective and solid verbal and written communication skills, team skills, personal character, and ethics.
• Enthusiasm, confidence, and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning.
• Strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
• Completes assignments and projects within a set schedule.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience with Mentor Graphics Designer.
• Experience with Cadence Allegro Design Entry CIS.
• Knowledge of analog and digital video standards.
• Knowledge of printed circuit board layout and fabrication, circuit card assembly process.
• Experience with high speed serial protocols.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Experience integrating with firmware/software and leading lab integration activities.
• Experience with testing and qualification of the deliverable system.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.