PDS Tech Inc Program Manager DC Migration in Alpharetta, Georgia
Program Manager DC Migration
Provides oversight, planning and strategic management of a large-scale Data Center Migration Program for the Bank Solutions Group. The Program scope of work includes the migration, transformation and consolidation of the Bank Solutions product environment consisting of numerous applications. The Program Manager will ensure a seamless migration of critical client-facing banking applications, connectivity and data to the go-forward destination. Responsible for leading multiple interdependent cross-functional workstreams to deliver the program goals on time and within budget while ensuring a client-centric delivery.
• Provides Program-level leadership, vision, strategic planning and support tactical execution plans
• Provide executive level communication with the various teams throughout the program lifecycle.
• Ensures a holistic view by coordinating with and monitoring all impacted business processes across the program to identify dependencies or gaps and capture efficiencies
• Dotted-line management and coaching responsibility for the project managers responsible for projects within the program
• Performs ongoing review of program status; identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks, and successes to maintain program course. Assesses results and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate.
• Establish, report and monitor project-level KPIs for inclusion in Program dashboards
• Point of escalation for project issues related to individual projects being managed by their team to bring them to resolution
• Communicates program information and status to the executives and partners and provides engagement oversight of the program related projects and tracks of work
• Coordinate strategic planning sessions with all teams and management to determine the scope and objectives of each project
• Develop and own robust program level roadmaps and project plans to migrate existing clients from current product to future state product. Gather data to support business plan and identify all dependencies. Set Parameters to determine types of clients to be included in Client Migration groups. Establish Parameters for items and strategy around client Mock tests.
• Conduct working sessions to gather and document requirements and design for the applications and environments
• Manages Program status meetings and Steering Committee Meetings to ensure on-time delivery and mitigation
• Identify, track and prioritize issues, risks and action plans and modify the plan as necessary based on changing priorities. Engages Stakeholders to resolve complex business problems affecting Project successes.
• Oversight of managing the tasks clients will need to perform so it is understood by teams working with clients. (ie : IP Changes, Third Party impacts)
• Intermediary between FTS (DC Infrastructure team), application operational owners and Client Services
• Works with Implementations, Support, Product Management and Development internally to ensure client priority and issues are addressed in a timely fashion (and balanced with the needs of other clients)
• Dynamically adjusts plans and resources as necessary to ensure successful loads of client data and software builds to address identified issues
• Participates during Conversion weekend activities and shares leadership role and Project Plan execution with Implementation Project Manager and FTS
• Work closely with Support Management to prepare for and facilitate the hand off to regular Support
• Provides Leadership, Accountability and Ownership for all aspects of the Project Lifecycle
• Operates at all levels of an organization (and outside the organization when applicable) to achieve Project goals
• Ensure all partners including FTS and Client Services are held accountable for providing the agreed upon level of support needed to execute on time and deliver the committed scope
• Create Program level roadmaps, project plans, communication plans and other artifacts
• Provide project management support to fill resource gaps as required
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ plus years of previous Program management and IT skills working on data center and product migrations, strategic initiatives for product and infrastructure transformation
• Strong experience and proven track record of delivery leading large/complex programs and projects from beginning to end while considering strategic goals and plans and keeping customer focus
• Strong technical acumen, knowledgeable in the areas of Data Center and cloud infrastructures as well as platform operations and/or Dev/Ops
• Ability to work effectively in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies incorporating a hybrid approach when needed
• Ability to drive team to accomplish tasks and goals effectively while removing roadblocks
• Ability to come up to speed quickly and operate in a complex, kinetic environment
• Project Management professional (PMP) Certification preferred
• Agile Program Management experience
• Banking experience (has worked in an Agile role or in an Agile organization)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Expert level MS Project user
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills to all levels of company including executive management team
• Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas. Ability to operate independently with some guidance by management
• Ability to plan and conduct assignments with minimal supervisions and review
• Well-developed negotiation skills
• Strong organization and time management skills, operates independently with minimal guidance
• Strong interpersonal (soft) skills
Job Related Experience:
• Successfully worked in a Matrix organization.
• Ability to create PowerPoint presentations for all levels of leadership.
• Experience transforming to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
• Experience creating Confluence sites and working with Jira
Will require some weekend and off hour shifts to support migration activities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.