PDS Tech Inc Senior Console Operator in Alpharetta, Georgia
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Senior Console Operator in Alpharetta, GA.
The Senior Console Operator monitors and responds to events on consoles and troubleshoots and resolves mainframe and production control incidents. He/She responds to incoming calls from Information Services (I.S.) Help Desk representatives and support teams to assist with resolving incidents and events. This position implements standard procedures and manages incidents in the production environment. He/She maintains knowledge of critical applications and error recovery procedures. This position supports daily operational procedures to maintain 24x7 environment service levels. He/She interprets computer generated messages, determines appropriate actions, and follows standard procedures. He/She implements production system schedules changes to successfully complete and adhere to the change control guidelines. This position delivers internal and external customer support and interacts with vendors to resolve issues.
• The shift rotates every 4 months between first and second shift. (0630 – 1515, 1430 – 2315)
• No traveling in personal vehicle is not required nor allowed
• Monitors the production environment for alerts
• Provides Incident Support, including communications, trending and tracking
• Documents incidents with appropriate level of detail in trouble ticketing system
• Interacts with I.S. Teams and Infrastructure Vendors
• Supports Troubleshooting and Analysis of production incidents
• Administers and Supports Basic change control.
• Works under general supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Routine and regular contact with employees within and outside of work unit requiring explanation, discussion and interpretation. Customer oriented.
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or the equivalent preferred
• The Sr. Console Operator must be well organized and task oriented with effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Zone of Separation Environment (Z/OS)
• Beginner Data Communications, DB2 Data Sharing, Tivoli
• Intermediate Level Proficiency with Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Time Sharing Option (TSO), Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS)/ Job Control Language (JCL), Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS)/Virtual Telecommunications Access Method (VTAM)
• Intermediate WebSphere
• Intermediate Technical Knowledge of Hardware & Software
• Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.