PDS Tech Inc Structural Engineer IV in Anchorage, Alaska
PDS Tech is seeking a Structural Engineer (Civil) in Anchorage, AK.
• Responsible for the structural design of various structures, equipment and systems for new build, conversion, refurbishment, and upgrades to drilling and production facilities.
• Assists in developing layouts, scopes of work, procurement specifications, vendor expediting, and resolution of engineering issues.
• Responsible for accurate scheduling, budget preparation and control, quality, and safety of designs.
• Coordinates the work of drafters and technicians to ensure that design and quality requirements are met.
• Reviews and approves engineering drawings and calculations in compliance with regulatory rules and ensure adequate standards of safety are incorporated.
• Supports and assists operations and projects staff with technical queries and structural non-conformances as required.
• Assists in the development of fabrication and structural inspection plans.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
• Senior level, typically 7-10 years of experience.
• Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.
• Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems. Influences others to achieve objectives.
• Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.
• Knowledge of ASISC, ASCE, and AWS codes
• Familiarity with DOT, ADEC, and SPCC regulations
• Knowledge of welding, metallurgy, and QA/QC methods
Please contact Crystal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Engineer License (PE)Yes
Bachelor's Degree in Civil EngineerYes
Structural Analysis (ANSYS, Abaqus, etc.)Yes
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.