PDS Tech Inc Powertrain Controls Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Intermediate is responsible for new feature development, and enhancements to existing algorithms. The Powertrain Controls Engineer - Intermediate will work closely with a cross functional team, utilizing various tools (vehicle, HIL, Dyno, Virtual, rapid prototyping) through the V-model development process to ensure quality and robustness of the production algorithms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Interface with systems and calibration to fully understand the requirements
• Develop implementation strategies
• Assess and document the impacts against regulatory requirement
• Markup models to ensure the design meets functional/operational requirements
• Validate the design during the production process
• Ensure project is on track by developing plans, track progress, and present technical report to management and project chiefs.
• Participate in the decision making process on controls strategy design to achieve functional objectives
• BS degree Electrical Engineering is required from an accredited University
• 3-5 years of engineering work experience preferred.
• Should be knowledgeable in MATLAB/Simulink.
• Should be knowledgeable in Powertrain systems - specifically, computer based tools and process based development, emissions control systems development, and calibration refinement.
• Embedded software experience desirable. Electronic module/system experience desirable. Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills. Quick study who is passionate about his/her work and willing to go above and beyond.
• Self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other people
Driving and Travel Requirements:
Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.