PDS Tech Inc Propulsion System OBD Control Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Propulsion System OBD Control Engineer is responsible for providing strategic and technical leadership in the area of propulsion system OBD control solutions. We are looking for top talent to grow OBD control development on next generation propulsion technologies. The candidate will join an agile & fast paced team of propulsion control engineers developing core control strategies, OBD strategies, and system requirements. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Leading all aspects of the OBD control strategy development process for a specific technology project including: leading the strategy development, control implementation design, regulatory assessments, setting algorithm performance KPIs, developing calibration methodologies, and competitive benchmarking.
• Bachelor of Science in Control System Engineering, or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
• The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of propulsion system control and OBD requirements and regulations for gasoline and electrified systems.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in OBD controls development - an advanced degree and/or academic research in a related field may count towards experience requirement.
• Demonstrated technical problem solving
• Strong overall knowledge of internal combustion engines & electrified propulsion systems.
• Experience with modeling, simulation, development, testing, and validation.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
• Master of Science in Control System Engineering, or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• Demonstrated application of technical excellence in OBD control strategies
• Deep understanding of propulsion system OBD requirements and regulations
• Engine calibration and/or embedded software experience
• Knowledge of propulsion control systems
• Instances of demonstrated application of technical excellence (developed new process, experimental or computational; developed new numerical or modeling procedure; developed new statistical procedure; developed new problem solving approach; etc.)
• Experience with data acquisition and analysis tools such as ETAS-INCA
• Experience with model-based development tools such as MATLAB/SIMULINK
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.