PDS Tech Inc Automation Technician - 1st Shift in Austin, Texas
PDS Tech is seeking candidates for an Automation Technician, in Austin, TX.
• Determines root cause of failures and problems with automation equipment
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a broad manufacturing base
• Troubleshoot & support various pieces of automation, some of which include: robots, printing (Pad/Screen/Offset/InkJet), vision systems, labelers, fluid dispensing system, and capping equipment
• Works with equipment vendors to solve automation problems & increase self-knowledge
• Works alongside engineering to solve component related issues and determine their long term effects on the automation process
• Support engineering with installation of improvements and new automation
• Coaches production associates and supports root cause troubleshooting
• Develop / modify procedures & training guidelines as needed for automation processes
• Read & modify electrical schematics as needed for automation equipment
• Designs, sketches & dimensions improvements to existing automation systems
• Tracks and helps maintain automation data (downtime, stops, scrap, etc) to support continuous improvement process. Uses PPI tools and Lean techniques to analyze data and improve processes
• Willingness and ability to support on weekends, as necessary
• Associate’s degree in Engineering or a technical discipline
• Equivalent experience may be considered, but only with a demonstrated record of self-development and continuous learning.
• 5+ years related automated equipment experience
• Must have a very broad electrical and mechanical background, including hands on experience with PLCs, robots, motion controls and associated programming software
• Professional Characteristics: Must have excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
• Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to convert to full time technician with right fit
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.