PDS Tech Inc EHS Specialist in Bedford, Massachusetts
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an EHS Specialist in Bedford, MA.
• Be a safety advocate. Proactively look for opportunities to improve safety programs and educate and inspire employees to do the same. Drive and implement changes as needed to increase safety engagement.
• Serve as a technical resource to the company in complex EHS Compliance, risk management, hazardous materials/waste, industrial hygiene, industrial safety, and/or ergonomics.
• Participate in incident investigations, ensuring root cause and countermeasure identification is completed to eliminate future injury. Review and analyze accident data to identify trends or areas requiring additional focus.
• Complete job safety and ergonomic analysis, make recommendations and work with management to implement changes when necessary.
• Lead Process Hazard Analysis and Safety Reviews
• Develop, review and update specific environmental and safety programs.
• Maintain routine safety and environmental reports and records (OSHA logs, Stormwater, etc.).
• Actively manage and maintain environmental programs (air permit, wastewater permit, and hazardous waste)
• Participate in the Management of Change committee and provide EHS support for new product development, facility modifications, product manufacturing modifications and new equipment/machinery installations.
• Develop and deliver EHS training programs including New Hire Orientation, Hazardous Waste, Biosafety, Confined Space, Lockout Tagout, Respiratory Protection, etc.
• Organize emergency response planning exercises and update procedures as necessary
• Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obeys all safety policies and procedures
• Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I values
• Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements
• Perform other duties and cross training as assigned
• Promote sustainability iniatives and look for productivity projects
• 5+ years of experience in the safety or environmental field in a manufacturing environment.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in a technical field (chemistry, biology, environmental, safety, etc.) with training in core Environmental, Health and Safety disciplines is preferred.
• OSHA 30 hr course or equivalent.
• Experience working at an ISO 9001 facility.
• Experience with Process Safety Management.
• Experience with OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) is a plus
• CSP (Certified Safety Professional) is a plus.
• Physical demand lifting 30 to 50 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.