PDS Tech Inc Process Technology Engineer in Berkeley, California
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Process Technology Engineer, in Berkeley, CA.
Platform Engineering & Automation (PE&A) is responsible for manufacturing equipment platform development, implementation, and ownership across the company's Biotech network. PE&A is a global platform engineering function based in Berkeley, CA supporting multiple capital investment projects, programs, and facility implementations.
• Position supports the new Cell Culture Technology Center (CCTC) startup and operational readiness throughout close of CapEx project phase
• CCTC is a clinical through commercial launch mAb manufacturing facility based on the client’s Single-Use Technology Platform processes
• Target duration of 6 months with possibility to extend. Immediate start desired.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide onsite support with process equipment and associated single use technology readiness through live shakedown testing
• Collaboration with Plant Engineering and Production teams to support process readiness through stakeholder alignment and teamwork
• Process engineering and plant engineering involvement with hands-on operation of process equipment and facility installations
• Troubleshooting process equipment & single use technologies
• Onsite work in a clean room environment during facility startup
• Minimum B.S. Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, or equivalent
Skill & Competency Requirements: (list 3 to 5 non-negotiable items such as years of experience, industry of preference, specific knowledge items, professional certifications, skills, abilities, etc.)
• Experience with single-use technologies, biotech process equipment, and automated control systems required
• Industry experience in pharmaceutical, biotech manufacturing required
• Hands-on equipment operation and troubleshooting experience required
• Excellent communication skills; customer focus; ability to deal with ambiguity
• 5+ years of experience
Preferences: (list nice-to-haves such as a specific knowledge item, certifications, skills, abilities, etc.)
• Experience with DeltaV control systems preferred
• On-site work at BRK site, no expected business travel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.