PDS Tech Inc Mechanical Engineer in Bothell, Washington
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer, in Bothell, WA.
What will you do:
• Lead the product design and mechanical engineering from concept to production, with a strong emphasis on rapid prototyping and proof of concept testing during the early stages of development
• Develop product requirements and translate them to system requirements with subsystem and part level design specifications
• Design products and components that are easy to use, simple to produce (DFM, VE), and practical to maintain
• Design and build fixtures for test and assembly of mechanical and electrical components
• Support a sustainable production environment with well-considered designs and rapid response to manufacturing feedback
• Rigorously document part designs, assembly processes, and methods of operation to support manufacturing and future designs changes.
• Support an integrated engineering community by participating in concept and design reviews both within and outside of your discipline
• Apply engineering and tolerance best practices (GD&T) to innovative designs in areas such as Optics, Mechanics, and Motion Control.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of relevant engineering work experience
• Experience leading and driving product development processes
• Ability to advance projects with minimal oversight
• Hands-on experience assembling physical prototypes
• Must be able to effectively communicate design goals and product specifications to management and peers
• Strong proficiency with SolidWorks
• Strong general computer literacy
• MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Experience working with optical systems and/or optomechanical designs
• Experience or knowledge of liquid handling systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.