PDS Tech Inc Machinist I in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Machinist I, in Broken Arrow, OK.
• Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools such as CNC machines, lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, and precision grinders to make parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
• Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications
• Determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup;
• Uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments;
• Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds
• Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
• Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled
• Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
• High School diploma, or GED
• Experience setting up and operating at least one of the following: manual mill, manual lathe, CNC milling center
• Manual and CNC machining experience - setting up and operate machine tools, lathes, milling machines
• Experience reading/interpreting blueprints and engineering specifications.
• Experience with standard shop math relating to dimensions of work
• Must have ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Must be able to work overtime
• Sheet metal and fabrication experience is a plus
• Vocational education a plus
• 5S and Lean manufacturing knowledge is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.