PDS Tech Inc Utility Locator in Bryan, Texas
- PDS Tech is seeking a Utility Locator in Bryan, TX.
• Utility Locators are responsible for pinpointing the paths of cables, pipes and other conduits that carry utilities underground. The locators’ efforts protect underground utilities from damage during projects involving excavation.
• Thoroughly search for underground utilities in a designated area, accurately marking the location, completing the necessary documentation, and photographing each locate.
• Identify and map location and depth of utilities such as water, sewer, gas, cable, oil and electric lines
• Communicate with clients, engineers, and management
• Use a variety of locating techniques, such as electrical, magnetic, GPS, blueprint analysis, and/or radar) to measure utilities.
Required Skills/ Abilities
• Strong attention to detail
• Passion for accuracy
• Self-motivated and able to work alone
• Strong communication skills with the general public
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Must be able to comply with all safety and personnel policy procedures
• Must have a reliable vehicle that will be used for transportation to all work sites
• Ability to read GIS, diagrams, and As-builts accurately and efficiently
• Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
• Must be able to stand and walk up to eight hours per day and climb multiple sets of stairs while carrying materials weighing between 40 and 60 pounds.
• Must be able to work in different temperatures and changing weather conditions.
• Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
• Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
• Must have flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Vocational school training or apprenticeship preferred
• On-the-job training offered
• Class C valid driver’s license required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.