PDS Tech Inc Technical Writer in Carlsbad, California
PDS is seeking candidates for a Technical Writer position in Carlsbad, CA
How will you make an impact? As a Science Writer in the Genetic Science division, you will review internal and external studies and publications, and collaborate with various teams to identify and produce compelling scientific content in support of strategic imperatives for the asymptomatic testing market. You will collaborate with other team members and scientific affairs to discuss, plan and execute the development of scientific content, inclusive of white papers, publications, reviews, and more to meet the needs of the organization.
What will you do?
• Research and write complex product, technology, and application content to support development of the asymptomatic testing market.
• Partner with a cross-functional, collaborative team to plan the staging and pacing of identified content needs.
• Collaborate with scientists, engineering and product evaluation teams, project and product managers in a scientific environment.
• Focus on producing scientific content that will be distributed and shared among the scientific community.
• Review and curate published articles and reviews for relevant data and references.
• Collaborate with internal teams conducting studies in related areas.
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Deliver under tight deadlines and be able to adjust to change and new developments, as the current market changes rapidly.
• Adhere to any established style guides, templates, and brand guidelines.
• Work with internal processes for final production and legal/regulatory reviews.
How will you get here?
• BS or MS Degree in technical communication, chemistry, bio-chemistry or related science discipline field with an emphasis on technical documentation or publication.
• Experience as a bench scientist.
• Experience with analytical instrumentation
• Experience with genetics/genomics a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Familiarity with FrameMaker, Oxygen or XMetal, and topic-based writing.
• Knowledge of Darwin Information Type Architecture (DITA), content analysis, metadata/taxonomy structuring preferred.
• Experience with screen-capture software, Acrobat, and XML.
• Flexible and proactive with the ability to work in an environment of constant change.
• Collaborate with scientists, fellow writers, project and program managers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and have a high regard for quality.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.