PDS Tech Inc Senior Software Engineer in Chandler, Arizona
PDS Tech is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our client in Chandler, AZ
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer that can design, build, test, and support software and firmware for rugged electronics intended for industrial and military applications. We are a team oriented, fast paced design and manufacturing company that requires flexibility and reliability in every employee. Our motto is to "Take the Initiative. Own the Problem to Resolution!".
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
• Review, provide feedback, and implement software requirements
• Demonstrate proficiency in a wide variety of software development tools, languages, frameworks, and methodologies required to complete tasks such as:
o Fluent in C#, (C/C++, Kotlin, Java a plus)
o Familiarity with RDBMS / SQL
o Familiarity with network architecture and network protocols TCP/IP, UDP, etc. a plus
o Developing software that targets multiple platforms (i.e., Windows, Android, Linux, tablets, phones, embedded systems, etc.)
o Working knowledge of Linux and Windows kernel (USB devices and their driver stacks)
o Familiarity with all phases of a product development lifecycle
o Software version control (Git or similar)
o Bug tracking and project management (Jira or similar)
o CI/CD and automated build environments (TeamCity, Gitlab, Code Collaborator or similar)
o Product configuration management (Arena or similar)
• Develop and execute test plans (test automation experience is a plus)
• Work with operations team to train and transition designs to product
• Support product development and sales efforts
o Develop documentation (i.e., user's manuals, installation instructions, release notes, etc.)
o Provide technical support for FAEs as needed (debugging issues, providing prototypes)
• Support military specific functions - Current capability not necessary, but able to learn effectively o Communication protocols (i.e., VMF, SADL, etc.) o Military radios (i.e. PRC-117G, PRC-152/A, PRC-148, MicroLight, etc.)
• Finish tasks in a timely and allotted amount of time
• Able to work multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time accordingly
Required Education and Experience
• BS or MS in Software Engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum 8+ years of software engineering experience
Desired Abilities Include :
• Visual Studio and the .NET programming environment
• Android Studio and mobile application development using Java, Kotlin, and core Android APIs
• Microchip MPLAB IDE development experience is a plus
• Self-starter with ability to jump into new technical areas, learn quickly and deliver results.
• Willing to work well in a team environment, develop new features, and maintain multiple products that include a mix of hardware, firmware, and software components
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• This is a full-time position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Client observes a 9/80 schedule, meaning every other Friday is an off Friday
• This position is 100% NON-Remote position
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be a U.S. Person and able to obtain a U.S. Secret Clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.