PDS Tech Inc Material Handler in Charlotte, North Carolina
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Material Handler, in Charlotte, NC.
Loads and unloads material within a warehouse or storage facility.
Utilizes hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to and from trucks and within the storage facility.
Requires a high school diploma/GED wih a minimum of 6 months experience in a distribution center environment.
Has knowledge of commonly-used practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Works under immediate supervision.
Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS:
• “Computer skills - update an excel sheet, read/send emails (things go on and off hold),
• Trained in Hazardous Goods (make sure to put the proper label on the boxes so we avoid fines) * This is where the company will receive fines when we make mistakes *
• Meticulous/reliable - (no job hoppers) we spend a lot of time training so we need to see longevity
• Recent High School Graduates with computer skills are definitely encouraged
• Letter of Recommendations
• Well prepared resume without typing errors (to show how they prepare work)
• Team is willing to train if they can exemplify dependability and basic computer skills.”
Lifting will exceed 30 Lbs. and/or repetitions of this or lesser weights will be significant.
Exposure to substantial machine or other physical risks are anticipated
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.