PDS Tech Inc Quality Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina
PDS Tech, Inc is seeking Quality Engineer in Charlotte, NC.
Engineering - Quality - Mastery Manages high complexity projects determining quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes. Provides statistical information for establishing quality standards by identifying testing methods and samples. Typically 16 + years of relevant experience
This will be an onsite position supporting manufacturing, mobile / remote work is not an option.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for Process Improvement Quality to reduce defects, internally and at our customers
• Lead and Facilitate FPY improvement projects, COPQ reduction, and process improvement projects. Uses tools such as 8Ds, Fishbone, 5Whys, Poka Yoke, FMEA, DoE, SPC, and DMAIC to help resolve issues.
• Validates that issues are resolved through process audits.
• Monitor, analyze, and present key operational quality metrics such as PPM and costs.
• Collaborate with Engineers and Operations to drive improvements.
• Support Continuous Improvement activities throughout the organization.
Main Goals and Objectives
• Promote a culture of quality and continuous improvement
• Mentor, coach, and educate operations, manufacturing engineers, test engineers to achieve a “Zero Escape” mindset reduce turnback’s
• Drive year over year improvement in FPY, Scrap, Warranty, and Customer Escape PPM
• BS/MS Degree in Science or Engineering discipline and/or Minimum of 5 years in a Product Quality
• Six Sigma or Lean/Continuous Improvement experience. Formal certification preferred.
• Capability to work in a self-directed cross-functional manner while demonstrating project leadership, communication, and organizational abilities to deliver project results for business unit commitments.
• Assertive and confident with a strong point of view while able to understand/empathize and support other perspectives. Intent on building trusting and collaborative partnerships/relationships
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to prioritize
• Experience with APQP management and implementation
• Experience with and application of AIAG standards preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint, Teams).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.