PDS Tech Inc Electronics and Controls Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Electronics and Controls Engineer
· Position Overview:
Electrical Engineer with 5+ years of experience to join our Connected Devices research and development team. We are looking for a candidate with a background in electronic design and with prior experience shipping a consumer electronics device to help us launch the next generation of our products onto farms around the world.
Our department creates new consumer-facing agricultural IoT products and we are fully responsible for design, prototyping, testing, regulatory certification, and manufacturing. As a member of our team, you will have the ability to take part in every aspect of the product’s lifecycle, creating real products that improve outcomes for farmers around the world. This job is not about designing anonymous widgets, it is an opportunity to make a substantial contribution to our development effort and to make a meaningful impact in people’s lives while doing work that you love.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field
• Five or more years of industry experience
• Experience working on consumer-facing products
• Electronic design knowledge and experience using a CAD/EDA package
• Can use test equipment (Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.) to prototype and test circuits
• Able to work across teams with other engineers and programmers to design our IoT products
• Effective communication skills, technical writing skills and good organization
• Farming experience and knowledge of modern agricultural technology
• Experience with high volume electronics manufacturing and testing finished PCB assemblies
• Experience working with microcontrollers and common digital buses like USB, CAN, I2C, SPI, etc.
• Strong analog fundamentals and RF experience
• Experience using Altium Designer to create libraries, schematics, and board layouts
• Knowledge of digital radio technologies like LTE, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
• Knowledge of regulatory and industry testing (i.e. FCC, CE, CB, PTCRB, Verizon, etc.)
• Ability to write and maintain programs in Python and C
• Understand how to use and maintain desktop Linux systems
• Willing to travel (20%) for meetings, manufacturing, and visiting suppliers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.