PDS Tech Inc Lab Technician in Cincinnati, Ohio
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Lab Technician in Cincinnati, OH.
Testing personnel performs the following procedures and processes, under the supervision of the Technical Supervisor and General Supervisor:
- Accessioning patient samples.
- Extraction of DNA or RNA from swabs samples using extraction techniques and instruments.
- PCR amplification of DNA fragments from the extracted swab.
- Pharmacogenomic genotyping using TaqMan-based qPCR assays and reagents
Testing Personnel is also responsible for the following:
Adhering to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures for specimen handling and processing, laboratory testing, data analyses, and test record maintenance.
Performing proficiency testing on samples or as part of internal proficiency testing.
Adhering to the laboratory’s quality policies, safety policies, instrument, and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance policies.
Recognizing problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correcting the problem or notifying the appropriate supervisor
- Personnel performing high complexity testing must possess, at a minimum, an associate degree in laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.