PDS Tech Inc Construction Manager III in Clearwater, Florida
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Construction Manager in Clearwater, FL.
This position is responsible for overseeing OSP Construction activities performed by contractors.
The Construction Manager is responsible to ensure contractor-produced work meets or exceeds quality standards and that projects are completed per design and within the allocated budget.
This position requires strong communication skills, verbal and written, as projects will need to be coordinated with State and/or local municipalities as well with other utilities or departments.
The Construction Manager ensures contractor compliance with State, local and company requirements while working within the public ROW or utility easement.
This position requires strong teamwork with the Construction Supervisor as well as the OSP Engineer.
This position requires teaming cross-functionally with departments such as Logistics, Contract Administration, ISP Engineering/COE and Project Management.
This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as well as other duties assigned by the Manager or Director of Engineering
• Strong knowledge of OSP Construction Standards and Practices.
• Strong knowledge of OSP Unit Descriptions and SSP contract.
• Strong knowledge of State, Local and Company standards for Safety.
• Familiarity with permitting requirements- Work Zone Protection (WZP) and Traffic Control plans (TCP).
• Project Scheduling- meet project timelines.
• Project Inspections- pre and post.
• Material Management.
• Utilize JIM process as necessary.
• Ensure accurate reporting- invoicing/timesheets.
• Maintain accurate records- asbuilts.
• Attend pre-construction meetings.
• Monitor project expenditures for accuracy and budget requirements.
• Plant Damage investigation and reporting.
• Minimum five years of combined Outside Plant construction and splicing experience.
• Physical requirements include ability to work out of doors in inclement weather, extended driving and lifting and carrying of moderately heavy objects.
• Candidates must be willing to work overtime, be on call periodically for nights and weekends and work as required to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Overnight travel may occasionally be required.
• Valid driver's license is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.