PDS Tech Inc Test Engineer in Clearwater, Florida
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Test Engineer
- General Skills / Responsibilities:• Ability to perform destructive physical analysis (DPA) in accordance with military specifications.• Ability to review and approve DPA reports.• Ability to determine appropriate documentation and tests for leak checks.• Ability to manage incoming lab work, especially for DPA and leak testing, but also printed board coupon microsections, x-ray radiography, etc., including for external lab services.• Familiarity with military specifications for DPA and other tests for electronic components.• Familiarity with the use of curve tracers, oscilloscopes, function generators, LCZ bridges, and general purpose test equipment.• Experience with performing both macro and micro photography.• Ability to develop skills to maintain, support, and utilize specialized lab equipment and systems.• Ability to perform electrical testing on all submitted components and assemblies to the extent a reported failure is verified.• Ability to perform physical failure analysis on all components and assemblies to isolate and identify a failure.• Ability to determine failure root cause and appropriate corrective actions, and implement those actions.• Ability to assess component level failure mechanisms against system level failure signatures.• Ability to apply six sigma tools in the failure analysis process including development and implementation of design of experiments (DOE's).• Ability to provide program/customer/laboratory interface and communications to assure full integration of the labs in the program level failure investigation process.• Ability to provide technical expertise to assist programs with part problem decisions and in establishing corrective action.• Ability to develop component failure analysis process and methodology enhancements to expand overall lab capability in performing failure analyses.• Ability to perform trade studies to evaluate reliability/failure characteristics of components and assemblies.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar, from an accredited college or university.
• US citizenship is required, no dual citizenship, due to contractual requirements.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with destructive physical analysis in accordance with military specifications.
• Strong focus on task completion and exceeding expectations.
• Strong focus on problem solving.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Strong communication skills to enable interface with programs and their customers.
• Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and with respect to generating reports, charts, graphs, etc.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to quickly assimilate new concepts and information.
• Ability to multi-task work assignments.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimal work direction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.