PDS Tech Inc Material Planner/Scheduler in Collierville, Tennessee
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Material Planner/Scheduler in Collierville, TN
Responsible for setting up parameters in the material master for both purchased and manufactured parts as well as setting up purchasing documents for purchased materials including assisting with contracts (LTA) and order creation.
• Support production scheduling of up to 6,000 units/shift across 6 assembly lines in cost effective and efficient manner by learning nuances and capabilities of equipment and processes
• Work closely with the procurement and materials team to ensure all required parts are available; and if not, creating a contingency plan
• Work closely with Operations and leadership teams to provide scheduling support
• Drive productivity improvements and achieve the facility’s financial and operational goals
• Utilize the Achieving Carrier Excellence (CX) operating system to propose and implement changes to existing processes to streamline and improve overall performance while maintaining cost controls and creating cost effective use of resources
• Assist with ECN Management
• Excellent communication skills; candidate must be comfortable providing briefings at all levels of management
• Ability to influence decisions downstream and upstream
• Solid understanding of lean principles to effectively create, implement and monitor process improvement initiatives.
• Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively lead and team with multiple functional groups to reach a common objective
• Ability to work in a self-directed manner
• Comprehensive knowledge of MS Excel
• Working knowledge of other MS Office applications
• Bachelor's degree in related field highly desired
• 1+ years of relevant scheduling experience
• 3+ years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing facility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.