PDS Tech Inc Electronics Technician - Secret in Columbia, Maryland
PDS Tech is seeking an Electronic Technician in Columbia, MD
Performs a variety of duties, under supervision, including the fabrication, test, and modification of complex electrical and electronic circuits and equipment, works with RF components and circuits as well as with antennas and antenna feeds;
• Proficient in the use of hand tools, test equipment and computer operated test equipment(signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers volt meters).
• Prepares electronic and electromechanical equipment for integration into system configurations;
• Installs and interfaces equipment according to electrical diagrams and schematics;
• Fabricates various types of cables and cable assemblies; Installs cables and cable assemblies using written and accepted techniques including the provision for cable service loops and proper cable routing;
• Performs soldering and surface mount soldering in the assembly of electronic equipment;
• Performs operational tests and adjustments of complex electrical and electronic equipment using standard test setups;
• Performs testing troubleshooting and component replacement on RF equipment/systems
• Reads and interprets schematics drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring lists, wave forms and diagnostics results;
• Fabricates and assembles complex components with instructions from higher level technicians and engineers; Maintains lab records as appropriate.
• Assists other higher level technicians and engineers in the performance of their work consistent with own back ground and training; Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: AS degree in Engineering Technology or related field or military technical training program or completion of technical institute program.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of directly related work experience working with RF equipment or in lieu of educational requirements at least 6 years of related experience working with RF equipment and components performing testing, troubleshooting and assembly.
An active secret level security clearance is required.
• Strong electronics background.
• Electronic theory background that enables person to analyze, test and repair complex electronic equipment in particular RF and communication equipment
• Working knowledge of various test equipment to include signal generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers
• Soldering experience
• Wiring and cable fabrication experience. Chassis wiring experience
• Ability to operate a variety of tools to include hand and power.
• Ability to assimilate data quickly, resourceful, learn from mistakes and work well in an unstructured situation
• RF system experience to include sub components. Past RF experience highly desired
• Ability to read wiring schematics
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.