PDS Tech Inc Technical Writer/Instructional Designer in Coppell, Texas
This is a remote role. Right now this is anticipated to be a 3 month assignment.
Must be energetic and be able to hit the ground running.
Technical Writer/Instructional Designer
• Creative Instructional Design (ILT, videos, eLearning, interactive mobile learning)
• Technical Writing (hardware, software, equipment, devices, compliance)
• Client consultation & discovery
• Creative original writing, information architecture and organization
• Analysis & Curriculum Design
• Write video scripts and eLearning storyboards
• Needs analysis and consultation with Client Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
• Design engaging product sales, marketing, operations, technical and management training for clients
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years experience in learning design and development
• Demonstrated creativity, leadership, organizational and technical writing and ID skills on complex topics (scientific, engineering, technical, hardware, software, compliance)
• Minimum 4 years’ experience developing eLearning and technical documentation
• Ability to learn quickly and work in a dynamic environment with multiple clients, multiple projects and multiple internal media design teams
• Portfolio demonstrating wide experience across learning modalities and subject matter.
Skills, Traits and Knowledge:
• Confidence in public speaking, client consultation and presentations, leading web conferences
• Inventive and energetic problem solver in people and process
• High emotional intelligence
• Technical-bent; understand, articulate and write about how complex “things” work
• Exceptional professional written and oral communication skills
• Analyze content/needs; structure and design curricula
• Experience handling simultaneous projects, and managing time to meet project deadlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.