PDS Tech Inc Competitive Benchmarking Data Engineer in Cupertino, California
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Competitive Benchmarking Data Engineer for our client in Cupertino, CA
As a contractor in support of the Competitive Benchmarking Team, you will work with researchers to support analysis from a variety of data sources with varying complexity, automate data processing and analysis that derives insights and impacts product decisions.
• Process and validate quantitative data sets
• Solve data storage and processing problems with data advanced engineering methods
• Build and prototype dataset generation tools to automate new and recurring data sets
• Work closely with researchers, data scientists and engineers to ensure timely delivery of analyses
• 2-5 years of relevant experience with a strong desire to learn our work quickly
• Data engineering with strong automation, testing, and attention to detail
• Experience with modern data architectures and database administration in AWS
• Experience with Python and SQL for data engineering
• Experience with code repositories and comfort with code reviews
• Comfort owning databases, optimizing queries and supporting cross-functional DB users
• Ability to document code and communicate DB changes and to cross functional partners
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and tendency to be proactive in working across research, data, and engineering teams with a high attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with exceptional interpersonal skills
• Previous experience managing multiple projects of different complexity under tight deadlines
• Data analysis and QA experience a plus
An academic background in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or similar quantitative field.
Prefer BS + 5 years of relevant industry experience or MS degree + 2 years of experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.