PDS Tech Inc Data Engineer and Database Administrator in Cupertino, California
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Data Engineer and Database Administrator in Cupertino, CA
- The Battery Analytics team is one of our exciting examples of collaboration at the intersection of software, hardware and analytics, helping deliver critical decision support for devices affecting millions of people worldwide. And the team has to do this at a massive scale, supporting multiple of products, vendors, users, all across the globe. Our team provides the analytical support to help drive decisions behind batteries, for every product developed. We are looking for a Data Engineer to help us streamline some of these processes as we scale to support an every increasing number of products. You will have the chance to interact with our team of data engineers, analysts, data scientists, as well as wider teams building the hardware and services support to drive decisions. The role requires someone that can interpret requirements from diverse stakeholders, make informed design and implementation decisions, and collaborate with the rest of the team in producing a data application that can serve as a decision support tool for Battery. If you're passionate about the data and analytics, want to be part of a fast-paced, rewarding environment, and enjoy overcoming complex technical challenges by building robust, scalable, and maintainable systems, we may be the team for you!
Skills & Requirements
• Database Design, Implementation, and Administration with Relational databases and analytical databases, e.g. Cassandra, Vertica, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
• 3+ years of experience in software engineering/data science, with Python expertise preferred.
• Experience building data science or data analysis tools on Hadoop/cloud based systems.
• Some experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or cloud platform deployment.
• Demonstrated understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
• Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
• Solid ability to evaluate and apply new technologies in a short time.
• Self-motivated, proactive, and solution-oriented.
• Bachelors + 5 years or Masters degree in Data Engineering or related field.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.