PDS Tech Inc Machine Operator in Dayton, Ohio
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Machine Operators to work at the Dayton, OH Honeywell Location.
• Sewing operations such as sewing, serging, binding, sealing assembly and other similar operations
• Perform the function of sewing or assembling fabric or hardware in a safe and efficient manner
• Prepares machine by changing needles and thread, oiling and changing bobbin, and securing attachments
• Sews materials together by guiding material under machine needle
• Identifies units that fail tests or tolerance levels and repairs as necessary.
• Perform the various hand tasks necessary to sew products including turning the material to hem, join pieces, and repairing defective products
• Perform counting and inspecting of the product during the sewing process
• Meet or exceed monthly productivity goals for the position as well as contribute significantly to department goals
• Maintain work areas and tooling in neat and orderly condition, has an understanding of the 5S concepts
• Maintain all required records
• Perform other duties as required or assigned
Qualifications / Skills:
• Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
• May require 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Works under immediate supervision.
• Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
• Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• Summary of essential job functions
Minimum skills requirements to perform the position
• Sewing experience – Must pass the pre-employment screen test and have basic sewing skills
• Knowledge of the sewing process and ability to visually inspect a garment and identify defect that the sewer / assembler could have made.
• Ability and willingness to work with other teammates to produce a quality finished product and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to work overtime and Saturdays as requested
• Willingness to adapt to evolving job responsibilities and expand scope of experience as the company grows.
• Communicate effectively
• Ability to perform repetitive sewing of parts that require hand dexterity and concentration on an hourly, daily (8-10 hour shift), weekly, and monthly basis
• Demonstrates the ability to repeat a sewing process as instructed by a trainer or supervisor.
• Ability to lift at least 15 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.