PDS Tech Inc Manufacturing Technician in Dayton, Ohio
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Manufacturing Technicians to work at the Dayton, OH Honeywell Location.
- Responsible for operating cutting equipment and inspect the product
Summary of essential job functions
• Duties include, cutting, clicking, and other similar operations
• Perform the function of cutting in a safe and efficient manner
• Prepares machine by following the Preventive Maintenance Log
• Cuts materials as described in the work instructions
• Perform the various hand tasks necessary to perform the tasks and duties associated with cutting
• Perform counting and inspecting of the product during the cutting process
• Meet or exceed monthly productivity goals for the position as well as contribute significantly to department goals
• Maintain work areas and tooling in neat and orderly condition, has an understanding of the 5S concepts
• Maintain all required records
• Work from established procedures including Safety, Quality, Standard Work instructions
• Perform other duties as required or assigned
Minimum skills requirements to perform the position
• Computer exposure is preferred
• Knowledge of fabric and ability to visually inspect cloth and identify defect that the vendor could have made.
• Ability and willingness to work with other teammates to produce a quality finished product and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to work overtime and Saturdays as requested
• Willingness to adapt to evolving job responsibilities and expand scope of experience as the company grows.
• Communicate effectively in English
• Ability to perform repetitive cutting of parts that require hand dexterity and concentration on an hourly, daily (8-10 hour shift), weekly, and monthly basis
• Demonstrates the ability to repeat a cutting process as instructed by a trainer or supervisor.
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds with an assisted person
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.