PDS Tech Inc CAD Designer/Technician in Denver, Colorado
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a CAD Designer/Technician for a Civil Engineering firm in Denver, CO or Austin, TX
We are seeking a CAD Designer/Technician for our client to prepare preliminary designs using engineering design concepts and design software . Must have exceptional time management skills, be detail oriented, have a solid understanding of design software standards and AutoCAD infrastructure (Civil 3D) .
AutoCAD infrastructure (common name Civil 3D ).
Preferred, AutoCAD, Microstation
Preferred: AutoCAD Certified, Associates or Bachelor's degree.
• Drafts detailed drawings of pipeline plan and profile sheets, plots maps and charts showing profiles and cross-sections, indicating relation of topographical contours and elevations to buildings, retaining walls, tunnels, overhead power lines, and other structures from engineer markups and sketches.
• Work to provide drawings, figures, exhibits, etc. as required to meet the team needs.
• Work closely with all team members to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information, to obtain information or ensure drawing clarity.
• Self-check own work for completeness, accuracy, meeting standards, fits and stack-ups.
• Must have a good working knowledge of geometry, mathematics and trigonometry to base work upon.
• Thorough knowledge of the standard terminology, techniques and practices of engineering drafting.
• Must be able to modify existing drawings to minimize the need to create new drawings and create new drawings when necessary in a timely fashion, which meet internal standards.
• Able to take layouts from engineers and provide construction sheets detailing the facility
• Able to contribute in design reviews and improve job efficiencies.
• Computer literacy in the company’s software.
• CAD system proficiency.
• Working knowledge of general construction techniques and the role of the drawings in the construction project.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and sketches.
• Ability to serve as lead technician to coordinate project drafting.
• Must maintain an awareness of and regularly work within established schedules and budgets.
Candidates should be prepared to serve in a traditional professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.