PDS Tech Inc Mechanical Engineer in Des Moines, Iowa
Locations: Des Moines.
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May be required to work extended hours including holidays and weekends due to the 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year type of service provided to clients.
Status: W-2 US Citizens or GC holder only
Travel: Accommodate up to 10% of overnight travel for services at out-of-town client facilities. The amount of travel is largely dependent upon project scope, schedule, and assigned tasks.
Overview: The Mechanical Engineer is a position within the technical delivery structure of company automation. This position is best described as a technical resource for internal customer project delivery for complex applications. Work executed will be within plant multi-discipline manufacturing and automation teams. This position requires acquisition and mastery of multiple skills and technologies. Technical leadership and mentorship of others may be required of this role.
Background and Work Experience: To be considered, candidates should have:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in engineering from an accredited college, technical school, or university and three years or more of related work or industry experience; or
• A combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success.
• Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Demonstrated proficiency with the use of AutoCAD or SolidWorks (3D).
• Experience in the food, grain processing, seed, or other industrial process industries.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop and execute complex process control system integration projects of small to medium size and significant complexity simultaneously.
• Perform project deliverables independently while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
• Design, document and assist with creating test stands and robotic manufacturing fixtures and more.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provides knowledge and counsel to others.
• Provide quality assessments of work performed by others.
• Provide guidance and training to others with less experience through mentoring and project leadership.
• Work with Account Managers to help develop and execute strategies to retain and improve business with key clients.
• Maintain professional client relationships.
• Utilize, support, and enhance company’s standards and best practices.
• Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by company and clients.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
• Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments quickly and efficiently.
• Develops meaningful relationships to build trust.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
• Able to effectively communicate and train others in areas of expertise.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.