PDS Tech Inc Space Vehicles Design - Architect in El Segundo, California
PDS Tech Inc is seeking a Space Vehicle Design Architect in El Segundo, CA
Primary job duties:
• Is accountable for the mechanical design of the space vehicle including integration of the bus, payload and antenna subsystems.
• Leads and participates in system level trades to ensure the vehicle design meets all physical, mechanical and environmental requirements while accommodating the required payload, power, propulsion, thermal, communications and attitude control system requirements.
• Ensures that the space vehicle design meets internal and external production and manufacturing requirements using DFMAT principles.
• Leads the development of qualification and acceptance level test plans to verify system designs meet requirements and specifications.
• Develops new design/analysis processes and tools to improve the effectiveness, quality and efficiency of a high nonrecurring development effort.
• Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
• Architecture of new space vehicle designs and/or improvement to current spacecraft product line platforms.
• Defines mechanical design trade space and closure criteria.
• Defines mechanical, structural, environmental design and integration requirements for the S/C and its constituent assemblies and components including both flight and non-flight (GSE) hardware.
• Develops manufacturing and test plans to support spacecraft integration, transportation and launch.
• Supports and approves manufacturing and integration plan, Digital Mock-Up (DMU) and Virtual Manufacturing (VM) simulation reviews.
• Interface Control Dwg/Models including but not limited to Moving Mechanical Assemblies (MMAs).
• Defines and executes on CCCP (Critical Clearance Control Plan) including definition and verification of CCCL (Critical Clearance Control List activities).
• Supports and approves design reviews, test plans and procedures, critical planning procedures.
• Resolves conflicts/interface issues between product organizations.
• Resolves anomalies including determination of root cause, containment actions and corrective actions.
T ypical Education/Experience: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years'
experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or
Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics
or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (required):
• Experience with overall spacecraft configuration and physical design.
• Experience with structure materials and processes including metals, composites, bonded and bolted joints, etc…
• Experience with mechanisms and mechanical systems including release devices and deployments.
• Experience with launch vehicle performance and interfaces.
• Experience with space environments and survivability techniques including contamination, radiation, EMI/EMC, ESD, etc…
• Experience with space hardware qualification and test requirements.
• Experience working with suppliers and supplier management personnel.
• Experience with hardware manufacturing and spacecraft AI&T.
• This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
• Experience with payload system engineering & payload configuration design.
• Experience with antenna design, analysis and manufacturing.
• Experience with power systems and hardware including solar arrays, batteries, and power electronics.
• Experience with liquid propulsion systems and hardware including tanks, thrusters and feed system components.
• Experience with electric propulsion system design and hardware requirements.
• Experience with astrodynamics of space mission design & analysis.
• Experience with placement, alignment and usage requirements for attitude control system sensors & actuators.
• Experience with both digital and RF telemetry and command systems and hardware.
• Experience with structural dynamics, loads and stress analysis.
• Experience with thermal system design and thermal hardware including heat pipes, blankets and active thermal control systems.
• Experience with RF transmission line and wire harness requirements and design.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.