PDS Tech Inc Robotic Control Engineers in Everett, Washington
PDS Tech Inc. is seeking an Robotic Control Engineer, in Everett, WA.
Key Skill Needs:
• Experience leading control system design projects for aerospace and/or automotive industries.
• Experience with optimization process to improve safety, ergonomics, quality, flow, productivity, reliability, or maintainability of robotics or/and automation equipment.
• Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), numerical control units (NCU’s), and motion control products and/or similar products from other major automation suppliers.
• Experience interfacing PLC’s with complex electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
• Familiarity with wireless, and wired industrial automation networks (CANBUS, Ethernet protocols, PROFINET/PROFIsafe, PROFIBUS, etc).
• Familiarity with building HMI’s using industrial software design packages and best practices for HMI design and usability.
• Familiarity with industrial safety devices (light curtains, interlock gates, laser scanners).
• Systems thinking and ability to isolate issues from a variety of interlinked systems.
• Familiarity with industrial robots and machines from well-known Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) (e.g. KUKA, ABB, Fanuc, Electroimpact, etc.)
• Experience with PLC and HMI installation, configuration, software debugging and testing, commissioning, and startup for major automation integration projects.
• Strong practical aptitude across multiple engineering fields. (e.g. electrical/controls engineering, mechanical engineering, software development, etc.)
• Experience utilizing knowledge of control system architecture and equipment log files to perform fault isolation and root cause analysis on issues caused by industrial equipment.
• Knowledge of software programming processes, including but not limited to version control, blockpoint packaging and releasing, etc.
• Proactive problem solving; visits shop-floor, asks questions, seeks relevant information, and data and input to solve problems effectively.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.