PDS Tech Inc Control Law Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Control Law Engineer in Fort Worth, TX.
The Innovation team is developing next generation vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) vehicles in the areas of On Demand Mobility (ODM), autonomous logistics, and high speed. These vehicles offer a new and exciting field of vertical lift featuring optionally manned and unmanned vehicles There are many challenging aspects of these vehicles including autonomy, multi modal flight and the transition between modes. The Handling Qualities and Control Law
Engineer will support the following:
• Analysis of control law inner and outer loop functions.
• Linear and non-linear analysis of integrated flight and propulsion control systems.
• 6 degree of freedom simulation development.
• Integration of control law functions into flight software models with supporting requirements definition.
• Execute desktop testing of integrated flight and propulsion control software with 6 degree of freedom simulations.
• Aircraft & rotorcraft stability and control design and analysis.
• Documentation of work in engineering memos and presentations to supervision.
Bachelor’s Degree is required. Major in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred. Related degrees with relevant experience will be considered. Masters Degree in Engineering is preferred.
• Experience with Mathworks Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow; specifically, simulation development, control system analysis and scripting.
• Knowledge of aircraft and rotorcraft vehicle dynamics is preferred
• Must have the ability to prioritize a variety of assignments.
• Must have the ability to work effectively within a team, both local and remote.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.