PDS Tech Inc Flight Controls Systems Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
PDS Tech Inc. is currently hiring for a Flight Controls System Safety Engineer in Fort Worth, TX.
We have openings for Flight Control Systems Engineers to support the development of new and novel products and platforms, such as autonomous Urban Air Taxi and Product transportation/delivery systems.
The Flight Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
• Design and test of Fly-by-Wire Flight Control Systems (FCS) with embedded software and complex hardware in a rapid development environment within a relatively small team working on cutting edge aerospace technology.
• Development of systems architecture, system and software design, redundancy management, electronic hardware design and integration, sensor design and integration, and actuator design and controls integration.
• Development of unique air vehicle control mechanisms, autonomous systems and control algorithms, and flight control law integration.
• Requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing in desktop simulation and systems integration labs, and participation in aircraft flight test activities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required
• At least 5 years of experience is required
• Familiarity with embedded hardware and software design
o Electronic hardware, electric motor drive, signal conditioning, sensor integration, software implementation
o Data protocols – RS-422/485 UART, ARINC 429, Ethernet, SPI
• Experience with system architecture creation, design diagrams, interconnect diagrams, and interface control documentation
• Experience with creation of system specifications, requirements traceability, and verification
• Familiarity with avionics systems, inertial systems, electrical power systems, electro-mechanical actuation systems, and hydro-mechanical actuation systems
• Experience with flight control system development and testing in a lab environment
• Experience with aircraft installation, functional testing, and troubleshooting
• Experience with the following primary development environments:
o MathWorks MATLAB / Simulink
o C/C++ code
o Bench tools such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies
o Serena Dimensions / PVCS, Git
o RTOS, Linux OS, bare metal
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.