PDS Tech Inc Planning Coordinator in Frederick, Maryland
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Planning Coordinator in Frederick, MD .
The Planning Scheduler/Coordinator is responsible for developing the manufacturing schedules and coordinating materials required to meet customer delivery requirements to best utilize the company’s production capacity as well as managing inventory levels.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Assist in scheduling and availability of selected items, either manufactured or purchased components, to meet production schedules.
• Request the transfer of raw materials from the warehouse and allocate to work orders
• Release Work Orders to manufacturing.
• Release and print required documents for manufacturing.
• Monitor work order flow through manufacturing.
• Manages floor stock with shelf-life requirements for production.
• Reviews work in process material inventory from the production floor.
• Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, purchasing department, and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
• Provides input and recommendations in improving supply chain strategies, policies, and practices to achieve Best-in-Class Supply Chain Management.
• Participates in problem resolution activities to ensure timely deliveries to/from global locations to customers. Support back-order reduction efforts.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
• 1-2 years of relevant planning/scheduling experience.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or other business management discipline and experience in role
• Strong E1 experience
• Strong analytical skills combined with practical business acumen.
• Demonstrated ability in building relationships across various functional teams
• Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability in working well in a global organization within Operations and with external clients
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager.
• Ability to thrive in a matrix and cross-functional team environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
• APICS certification or desire to become certified
• Relevant experience in the Life Science or Medical Device industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.