PDS Tech Inc Lab Tech in Glendale, Arizona
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Lab Tech to work in Glendale, AZ.
Under moderate supervision, responsible for finished product quality control and specification compliance testing. Manages and communicates test data, verifies test equipment, executes various proficiency sample testing programs, and conducts routine laboratory tasks.
• Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
• Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
• Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
• Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
• Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
• Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts routine product quality control and product or specification compliance testing.
Basic laboratory skills are preferred and experience in construction materials testing or asphalt testing. Running quality control tests on asphalt materials and entering results in appropriate databases.
• Enters and maintains lab results in proper databases and written records, and communicates results to assigned area’s management and other personnel to permit formulation adjustment where needed.
• Keeps work area clean and organized.
• Verifies and maintains testing instruments and ancillary test equipment.
• Executes assigned area’s required Health Safety & Environmental programs and initiatives as directed.
• Conducts proficiency sample testing.
• Manages expendable laboratory supplies.
• May include some or all of the following:
• Execute requirements of Quality Manual and related quality systems.
• Conduct experiments aimed at securing and verifying finished product and other special assignments critical to business.
• Run control standards on test equipment, plot test results, report any out-of-control situations, and document action taken.
• Collects and distributes samples to customers and others.
- Entry Level position
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL :
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s or Associate's Degree in Chemistry (or like discipline)
- 1 year laboratory or equivalent work experience.
- Basic mechanical ability and understanding of operational principles of assigned area’s testing instruments. Basic ability to perform routine tests daily. Good oral and written communication and organizational skills. Ability to complete all required classroom and CBT training. Ability to move drums of product and 150# gas cylinders. Elementary algebra and proficiency with spreadsheet and word-processing software applications.
- Familiarity with laboratory methods and equipment for running tests such as D86 distillations, sulfur, pour, flash, color and API gravity (depending on location). Basic computer skills including knowledge of presentation and e-mail software applications.
Office and lab based, a minor amount of outside work is required in all weather conditions; occasional travel is required; flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and a rotating schedule required.
Job conditions may require lifting up to 50lbs, sitting and bending. Ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential – inability to maintain standard insurance rates is grounds for dismissal. Valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.