PDS Tech Inc Design Engineer in Goleta, California
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Design Engineer, in Goleta CA.
• Support and occasionally lead development of non-flight hardware: Create, prototype, design, and analyze Ground Support Equipment (GSE) required for manufacturing and testing moving mechanical assemblies such as solar arrays, booms, and other support structures and mechanisms for satellite subsystems.
• Develop and refine components and non-flight subsystems utilizing design skills, hand calculations, and finite element analysis or other modeling tools as needed.
• Perform detailed 3D designs, generate CAD drawings and related documents, and support manufacturing and assembly of components.
• Document test plans and procedures requirements.
• Participate in internal and external (customer) design reviews as needed.
• Strive for the highest possible structural performance that is also cost effective and assures complete reliability.
• Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals of the program team, matrix organization, and custome
• Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of direct Mechanical Design or Manufacturing Engineering experience, preferably in the spacecraft or aerospace industry.
• Experience with mechanical computer aided design (CAD) software
• Strong communication skills, oral and written.
• Working knowledge Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point or Project)
• Self-motivated with the ability to organize and prioritize job assignments and tasks.
• Ability to work independently as well as in an integrated team and adapt to change and dynamic requirements.
• Ability to multitask and organize/prioritize job assignments in a fast-paced and gated-release engineering development environment.
• Candidate must be available to start immediately.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Master's degree in applicable area (Mechanical, Astronautical, or Aerospace)
• 5 or more years of direct Engineering experience, preferably in the spacecraft or aerospace industry.
• Proficiency with PTC Creo Parametric 2/3/4, preferably design and analysis experience.
• Practical understanding of GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009)
• Detailed mechanical design knowledge of structures, mechanisms, release and drive actuators, and material selection.
• Spacecraft/aerospace materials experience in metals, adhesives, thermoplastics, etc.
• Working knowledge of applicable manufacturing processes such as machining, finishing, and rapid prototyping.
• Demonstrable problem solving skills with hands-on project experience.
• Excellent technical communication skills and strong analytical skills.
• ITAR Requirements: To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.