PDS Tech Inc Design Engineer in Grand Prairie, Texas
Design complex, standard or custom, mechanical and structural airframe installation packages in new Helicopter. Create engineering drawings, interface with pertinent stakeholders in certification, production and flight test, support fleet sustainment activities and/or support STC projects.
• Create detail/assembly/installation drawings for new helicopter completions and STC projects.
• Review and facilitate engineering package release.
• Works with groups of engineers to complete projects.
• Works under general supervision from the Lead engineer
• Follows established procedures
• Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgement, overall adequacy and accuracy
• Coordinates essential information into the configuration management system listing mechanical and structural installations for each aircraft unit produced by AHI
• Participate in developing pricing information based on installation effort and provide quotes to AHI Marketing Department for standard and custom options on new aircraft.
• Support Marketing, Field Service, Flight Test and FAA Certification organizations as needed.
• Act as liaison to manufacturing and production efforts as needed.
• Support installation, functional and operational tests, and ground and flight tests.
• Performs preliminary stress analysis in support of initial layout and design concept.
• Must have a minimum of 4000hrs CATIA V5 (or similar 3D modeling software)
• Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
• Minimum three (3) years of directly applicable engineering experience in an aviation/aerospace manufacturing or completions environment.
• Minimum one (1) year of helicopter design and integration.
• Knowledge of aviation/aerospace structural design requirements, aviation/aerospace industry standards and the Federal Aviation Regulations. Direct experience with rotorcraft is preferred.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written). French or German a plus.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
• Familiarity with AutoCAD and SAP programs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.