PDS Tech Inc Manufacturing Engineer Machine Planning in Grand Prairie, Texas
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Manufacturing Engineer Machine Planning
Function/Program: Under general supervision, determines from Engineering information the most efficient and expedient method of machining parts or assemblies, including gears, splined shafts and other toothed parts, where dimensional sequencing of operation is required on general or specialized machine shop equipment. Such determination must be related to the rate of production required and requires that the Engineer determine the following:
1) Starting material size, form and condition.
2) Sequence of fabrication operations and their relation to operational processes of treatment and finish.
3) Selection of machines and accessories available and capable of securing required tolerances dimensions and shape.
4) Orders, by word description and/or sketch (Tool Orders), special, perishable, and gage tooling enough for purchase, make, or design and make of such items.
5) Sequence and method of assembly of predominately machined parts such as transmissions, gearboxes, drive shafts, rotor heads and engines.
The Engineer’s work comprises:
1) The setting of initial speeds and feeds of machine tools based on available data and experience.
2) 3) The analysis of shop operations to: A) Correct for heat treat distortion. B) Adjust dimensions for fit and function and to secure Engineering change when required. C) Correct machine selections, operation, definition or tooling to reduce scrap or cost.
4) Analyze and processes planning paper related to drawings, designs, specifications, and changes to same.
5) Plans heat treated weldments or machined weldments.
6) Directs and instructs lower classified Planners.
7) Maintains records and schedules of work assigned.
8) Duties may involve miscellaneous functions such as analyzing, investigating and preparing facility studies relative to plant areas, man-hour, machinery and equipment cost, and specifying proper machines to be purchased, reviewing work to be sub-contracted and advising and assisting sub-contractors on Production Engineering and Manufacturing problems.
• 5 Years Machine Parts Planning Background
• Production Tooling
• Catia V6 Modeling
• MRB Planning
• GD & T
• (Planning)The creation of operation sheets, tool orders, sketches, dimensional charts, material operation diagrams and lists.
• Machine Shop Knowledge Fabrication Operations
• System knowledge: UG/Catia, Visprise, Enovia, SAP
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.