PDS Tech Inc Software Engineer in Hillsboro, Oregon
PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Software Engineer position in Eugene, OR.
How will you make an impact?
The Global Digital Platform Software Group develops software to directly control the hardware subsystems for our wafer dual beam microscopes. As a major supplier of capital equipment to semiconductor companies, the business operates in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
With a desire to write software to control scientific machines, you will join our team in building cutting edge electron microscopes capable of observing and milling material at the nanoscale. By bringing your passion for science and technology, you will be able to improve our products by applying your creativity and problem solving skills.
• Develop software to integrate a 3rd party motion controller for use in electron microscopes
• Participate in the design, implementation, and testing phases of the software development lifecycle
• Add to and improve existing code to meet requirements for flexibility, new features, and maintainability
A successful candidate will:
• Be passionate about software development for hardware control
• Be able to take requirements to implementation with well tested and documented code
• Possess strong knowledge in C++ using a Windows development environment
• Have a minimum 3-5 years' professional experience as a software engineer
• Feel comfortable with Agile software development, test-driven development, and common source control and issue trackers
• Communicate effectively and work well in cross-functional teams
• Demonstrate integrity and pride in their work
The preferred candidate will:
• Have experience integrating 3rd party motion controllers in a windows application
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.