PDS Tech Inc Sr Technical Editor/Writer - Secret Clearance in Huntsville, Alabama
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Sr Technical Editor/Writer - Clearance in Huntsville, AL.
• Develop and update Technical Manuals used at Intermediate Level Maintenance Facilities for a new configuration of the Evolved Seasparrow Missile (ESSM).
• Perform configuration and assembly/disassembly data gathering, and document formatting, editing, proofreading, and quality control functions to produce technical publications in a deadline-driven environment.
• Work with subject matter experts, drawings and engineers to develop or edit graphics for technical publications,
• Interact with co-workers, subject matter experts and customers to understand and meet product needs.
• Manage multiple deadlines and priorities within specified time frames.
• Bachelor degree in a technical or related field
• Strong English and grammar skills
• 4+ years’ experience developing and maintaining Navy, Army and/or Air Force technical manuals
• 3+ years’ experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, blueprints, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), and other engineering documents as source data for technical documentation development
• Proficiency with MSOffice applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) & Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with the Evolved Seasparrow Missile (ESSM)
• 8+ years’ experience developing/maintaining technical manuals and/or factory instructions on US Navy programs
• Strong commitment to quality
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative team setting and successfully navigate a fast-paced, challenging environment while being result-oriented
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Detailed oriented but also able to understand and communicate the bigger picture
• Experience leading project teams and effective communication skills
• Good organizational skills by setting priorities and working within deadlines
• Clearance Type: Secret
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.