PDS Tech Inc IOF Network Planner - I in Irving, Texas
PDS Tech is seeking a candidate for the IOF Network Planner I position located in Irving, TX.
IOF NETWORK PLANNER, Network Planner for Digital Equipment, IOF & POP Facilities, Optical Circuit Equipment. 1-5 years of experience
• Two or more years of related experience.
• Knowledge of the following technologies required: ROADM, MESH, SONET/SDH, ULH, ODN
• Familiarity with Ciena, Alcatel-Lucent, Siemens or Fujitsu SONET/DWDM/MESH products.
• Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge in job related functional area and of the telecommunications business.
• Demonstrates functional knowledge of engineering principles within IOF Transport and OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
• Prior experience with Optical Distribution Network Design and exposure to Corning and CommScope Indexed Fiber gear is a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook) and GIS applications.
• Familiarity with Verizon systems like ICON, CCP, BGW, MECCA, XNG, TCOMS,GRIP,FIMS and nSAP is a plus.
• Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking
• Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and resolve urgent/complex issues.
• Demonstrated ability to work with others, be flexible as priorities change, and be extremely sensitive to deadlines and customer needs
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.