PDS Tech Inc Marine Diesel Mechanic in Jacksonville, Florida
PDS Tech is seeking a Marine Diesel Mechanic in Jacksonville, FL
This position performs duties involving the dismantling, repairing, relocating, modifying, maintaining, aligning, overhauling and installing of a wide variety of marine machinery, equipment, and systems (i.e., propulsions machinery, anchor handling gear, etc.). Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level mechanics. Assists higher level mechanics. Performs other tasks as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent. Complete Diesel Mechanic apprenticeship or trade school.
• Five years of directly related work experience.
• Complete Diesel Mechanic apprenticeship or trade school.
• Completion of military “C” school for Marine Diesel Engines or equivalent.
• Ability to use a wide variety of hand tools.
• Working knowledge of the mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and components of diverse marine machinery and their attachments.
• Detailed knowledge of the operating characteristics of the involved machinery, equipment, systems and their functional relationships and the applicable installation and repair procedures, methods, and trade practices.
• Ability to read and interpret symbols, layout sheets, diagrams, schematics, technical orders, and manufacturer’s specifications.
• Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
• U.S. Citizen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.