PDS Tech Inc Chemical Operator in La Grange, Illinois
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Chemical Operator -in La Grange, IL.
UOP, a Honeywell Company, is an international supplier of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries and is a leader in the research and development of petroleum and petrochemical processing. Our broad objectives center on the continual development and improvement of petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas production, energy and chemical production technology.
• Responsible for following standard work to operate a station in a catalyst process unit.
• Expected to certify on multiple stations and stay current with improvements on how to operate each station.
• Write end of shift report and do shift exchange at beginning and end of shift.
• Attend and contribute to a beginning of shift production meeting.
• Participate in the Structured Safety Process (SSP), which will require specific safety precautions/activities to be completed every month.
• Participate in Rapid Problem Solving to help quickly identify ways to get back to standard if production falls short.
• Participate in and drive Continuous Improvement activities or suggestions to help make improvements on quality, cost and delivery.
• The Operator is ultimately responsible to ensure that work being done in the immediate area is safe and follows all safety procedures.
• Follow work instructions from leadership and Team Lead, attend all meetings as necessary and any other duties assigned in course of shift.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 1 year experience in a manufacturing/industrial or service industry environment.
• 3 years experience in chemical manufacturing environment.
• Basic working Knowledge of Microsoft package.
• Basic working Knowledge SAP experience.
• 2 years of experience of troubleshooting
• Lifting will exceed 30 Lbs. and/or repetitions of this or lesser weights will be significant.
• Exposure to substantial machine, chemical, or other physical risks are anticipated.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.