PDS Tech Inc Mechanical Design Engineers in Long Beach, California
PDS TECH INC is currently looking for Mechanical Interiors Design Engineers in Southern CA.
Successful candidate will work in a small team environment as part of one of our Mechanical Engineering design teams.
Tasks will include creating engineering drawings of custom aircraft interior/mechanical components and systems.
Attention to visual appearance/aesthetics of completed designs is very important.
Excellent communication skills and ability to work with operations technicians on the shop floor is required.
Experience with sheet metal, metallic, and composite honeycomb, wood, veneer and cabinetry/ furniture design is a plus.
• Bachelors or higher degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering at an accredited 4 year University preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years in the specific technical discipline or ten (10) years broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelor's degree,
• Must have good basic 2D drafting skills- view layout, projection, section views, dimensioning, etc.
• Experience with Catia V5 and AutoCAD required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Position: Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Duties and Responsibilities:
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.