PDS Tech Inc Paint Engineering Specialist in Madison, Alabama
PDS Tech is currently recruiting for a Paint Engineering Specialist to work for a Large Automotive Manufacturer in Madison, AL!
This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of paint engineering at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
• Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
• Collaborate with Japanese team members
• Conduct all activities with safety as top priority
• Support/initiate the development, manage and direct completion of projects to improve all KPI’s
• Work with production and maintenance departments to solve chronic problems and implement countermeasure activity
• Develop and execute annual plans aligned with company and department objectives
• Understand the technical aspects of paint operations, establish critical process control parameters and ensure process parameter management
• Coordinate and manage supplier/contractor activity to include job scope, expectations, safety and schedules
• Foster two-way communication at all levels to ensure real issues are known
• Ability to work OT, 2nd shift, rotating shifts, split shifts and travel as needed
• Ability to work weekends, holiday periods, and shutdown periods to support equipment modifications and installation, material conversions and vehicle preparations for production
• Ability to work and travel outside of typical business hours when needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
• Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering
• Plant level experience with project management experience
• Knowledge of automotive paint shop and associated processes
• Managing cost performance, planning, target-setting, technical knowledge of paint equipment and paint materials
• Demonstrated knowledge of paint environmental requirements
• Proficiency in cross functional, cross company, and cross-sectional paint processes
• Budget planning experience (to include both operating and capital budgets)
What Will Set You Apart
• Knowledge of PLC’s is a plus
• Familiar with robots (Kawasaki or Fanuc would be a plus)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.