PDS Tech Inc Design Engineer in Melbourne, Florida
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Engineer Sr., in Melbourne, FL
• Support Xilinx FPGA verification utilizing SystemVerilog
• Develop FPGA architecture and documentation
• Experience with FPGA design RTL using VHDL
• Implement and integrate FPGA designs in a collaborative lab environment
• Perform verification activities to satisfy the objectives of RTCA/DO-254
• Analyzes system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of project and develop system plans.
• Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
• Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
• Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
• Must have advanced level experience with FPGA design and verification
• Expertise with one or more of the following:
• FPGA development of Xilinx devices using the Vivado tool suite
• FPGA development of Microchip/Microsemi/Actel devices using the Libero tool suite
• FPGA development of Altera/Intel FPGA using Quartus tool suite
• Familiarity with device-level verification methods and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional coverage, UVM and SystemVerilog)
• FPGA/ASIC verification using lab equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes and logic analyzers)
• Experience leading the development of avionics hardware
• Working knowledge of Windows-based application software; including MS Office, Spice, Mathcad, MATLAB, ModelSim/QuestaSim, Vivado, Libero
Experience with any of the following is a plus but not specifically required:
• Working knowledge of digital and electrical circuit theory preferred.
• Experience with RTCA DO-254 standards for Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware.
• Highly proactive and has an inherent sense of urgency on all tasks presented
• Diligent, detail and goal oriented, highly analytical and innovative
• Responsible and accountable team player and individual contributor
Minimum of 4 years working with FPGA design and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.