PDS Tech Inc Electronic Technician in Melbourne, Florida
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Electronic Technician, in Melbourne, FL.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under close supervision, performs routine technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, and assembly of electronics and Electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
• Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems.
• Guidance is readily available from superiors. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks.
• Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications.
• Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level.
• Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned.
• Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test apparatus.
• Normally assigned in area such as development, engineering, test equipment design, or the like.
• Excludes those assigned to production test activities.
• Entry Level.
• Excludes trainees with no academic preparation or experience
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING:
• Electronics training equivalent to 2 years technical trade school or military technical school.
• Techs will be required to interpret engineering drawings and build locally manufactured electrical harnesses, trays and racks.
• This will require the use of basic hand tools (sockets, wrenches, plyers, screwdrivers, and measuring devices), electrical hand tools (Exacto knives, wire strippers, crimp tools, diagonal cutters, insertion/extraction tools, and wire label machine), soldering equipment, multi-meter use for voltage and continuity checks, using NG Specs & standards while adhering to strict safety protocol.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.