PDS Tech Inc PC Support Technician - Sr PC Support Technician 2 in Melbourne, Florida
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a PC Support Technician 2 Sr, in Melbourne, FL.
• Work with end users on a variety of different IT related issues
• Able to troubleshoot and resolve common problems using tools and documentation. Familiar with tier 1/tier 2 support, ITSM processes and escalation process.
• Will work with other members of Information Technology organization as part of cross functional team.
• Executes on deployment plans and operational activities such as patching, upgrades, etc. (i.e.) follows Operational "Run Book" for Service Offering(s)
• Assists with documenting customer and derived technical requirements for end user requests
• Works with end user to understanding their concerns and executes the right solutions to meet their needs
• Works primarily within the immediate work group. Works under regular supervision.
• Handles requests from customers and maintains and updates records and/or tracking databases and provides status updates to customers on a regular basis.
• Interact with or route requests to third-tier technical specialists to provide resolution or root cause analysis.
• Demonstrate professionalism and good customer service skills when working with internal and external customers. Use effective listening techniques to identify customer need. Establish methods to deal with various customer behaviors. Applies strategies to build rapport with customer and peers. Leverage knowledge, experience, and/or historical information in fulfilling service requests.
• Follow established guidelines for recording service requests, providing status updates to customers and updating appropriate informational databases.
• Answers client's inquiries concerning systems operation; diagnoses system hardware & software. Recommends and implements remedial actions to correct problems based on the knowledge or systems operation.
• Perform IT hardware and software troubleshooting to get the customer back up and running
Analysis - Understands elementary problem-solving techniques.
• Cooperation - Understands the value of cooperating with coworkers. Team work is essential to success.
• Coordinating - Understands how to disseminate internal information.
• Customer Service Orientation - Knowledgeable regarding the process of interacting with customers to provide positive experience and issue resolution.
• Dependability - Understands Rockwell Collins' basic rules, policies, and procedures.
• Judgment - Appreciates the importance of basing decisions on factual information and sound logic.
• Relationships - Understands the importance of remaining compassionate and empathetic when dealing with the problems of others.
• Drive - Understands the value of approaching work with enthusiasm.
• Listening - Understands fundamental communication styles and techniques.
• Stress Tolerance - Understands the importance of staying calm and relaxed under pressured situations.
• Time Management - Maintains an organized daily calendar.
• Associates degree in appropriate discipline plus 3-5 years of related IT experience or HS Diploma plus 5 years of related IT experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.