PDS Tech Inc Mechanical Assembler II in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Mechanical Assembler II in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- Performs all requirements to assemble circuit boards to lightplates, install fasteners and part mark.
Continuously improves products and processes and participates in quality improvement teams when appropriate;
Performs all requirements to assemble circuit board to lightplate using screws and screwdriver;
Checks for light leaks and seals if necessary;
Able to perform tasks to check lighting;
Cleans light hole; Installs grommet flanges and fasteners;
Performs tasks to part mark information on all lightplates;
Accurately completes all related paperwork and wanding functions.
The Shop Technician provides service and repair of mechanical, electronic and other equipment requiring technical knowledge and expertise, effective diagnostic and repair techniques and procedures related to a wide variety of equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Performs skilled technician work that involves diagnosis, replacement, repair and rebuilding a variety of equipment, components and/or systems.
Uses diagnostic equipment and a variety of tools specific to the trade.
Applies principles and practices of electrical and electronics theory.
Interprets and follows technical manuals, blueprints, mechanical drawings, and schematics.
Applies knowledge of the design and function of equipment.
Follows industry/government specific guidelines, particularly as they relate to safety, health and environmental practices.
Assists with research and development of new repair capabilities; this will include reading and understanding new manuals and may include on and off site training.
Assists with the maintenance of shop equipment and supplies.
Makes computer entries and completes various types of paperwork maintenance documents such as Service Reports and 8130-3’s in accordance with FAA Regulations and company policies.
Experience: 2-4 years
Has developed skills through formal training or considerable work experience
Works within established procedures
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with demonstrated skills.
Knowledge and Skills
Has basic knowledge of Aviation Maintenance.
Has the ability to use common hand tools and precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, depth gauges, flow meters, pressure gauges.
Is able to read and interpret component maintenance manuals in order to diagnose and repair equipment malfunctions.
Has a good understanding of corrosion control methods and remedies.
Has basic computer skills, i.e., Word & Excel
Education and/or Experience
- A combination of education, training, work and/or other life experience in which would provide a reasonable assurance that the required knowledge and skills have been acquired by the applicant. Example: A two-year degree in technical discipline and/or comparable work experience such as an FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certification and/or Military or Civil aircraft maintenance experience.
- Ability to apply basic mathematics to convert metric and/or standard rates of flow, torque, load and distance measurements.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English fluently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Operation of photometer; Ability to check panel brightness by eye; Ability to work with small parts; Ability to read and understand routings
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.