PDS Tech Inc Design Consultant in Mesa, Arizona
PDS Tech is currently seeking a Design Consultant in Mesa, AZ.
The Design Consultant (DC) functions as the single-point interface with developer/customer to take requests for large complex capital designs, manage the contract development, formulate design alternatives and solutions, provide costs and manage develop.
• Acts as a single point of contact for developer/customer and manages the relationship with the developer/customer to ensure the successful execution of design and construction projects.
• Sets appropriate expectations for the developer/customer regarding company level of service, job process, responsibilities, deliverables, schedule, costs and safety.
• Resolve job-related hazards and encroachment situations.
• Ensures the scope of each job is appropriately designated in order to proceed with the design work.
• Consult with developer/customer regarding the placement of trench routes and company facilities, company design and construction standards, survey and easement requirements, and assist developer/customer to resolve facility conflicts prior to design.
• Ensures that company system requirements are incorporated into the designs.
• Provide accurate red-line drawings for Design Techs to produce construction ready prints.
• Facilitates the process to secure design acceptance signatures from developer/customer.
• Determines the design and construction fees to be assessed in compliance with corporate costing policies and procedures.
• Creates the appropriate design and construction contracts for each job.
• Estimates the design labor effort requirements for Design Techs for each job.
• Assigns job design due dates and set job priorities for the scheduler.
• Conducts pre and post design meetings with Design Techs for each job.
• Attends pre-construction meetings to oversee the communication to the developer/customer.
• Substitutes for and performs the duties of project leader during his/her absence.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Be fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
Completion of an Associate's degree, Apprenticeship, or 60 college credit hours from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Entry requires a minimum of two years' experience and the Senior Level requires 5 years' of experience. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three years experience at Level 1 or other equivalent experience from external related industries or equivalent experience.
AutoCAD experience preferred.
Must possess the appropriate valid Arizona driver’s license.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.